Sunday, October 23, 2005

Well, here we go..

After all the waiting, I think we are actually going to give this labor thing a shot.

I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for this to actually happen, but it seems like Dom is actually having some kind of consistent contractions. So it could be anytime in the next two days.

Honestly, I was going a little stir-crazy last week. All I wanted was to see this baby out of the belly for the first time. All I wanted to do was to hold her. But in the next morning I would get this weirdest feeling that I couldn't make it happen. I couldn't possibly be a good father.

Did I have any business being a Dad? Did I have any business being around a woman when she had a baby, much less my wife? Well... I had a little break down, then got it together and realized, if I couldn't do this, who would? I'm the Dad! No one else! This is my deal! Me and my wife!

Well, I have done nothing but pray this weekend and I am ready to take this on. Now with Dom having the contractions every hour, I just want to do what it is I am supposed to do. I'm excited, nervous, and scared all at the same time.

I just hope I don't pass out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home